Saturday, July 11, 2009

Vashon Ride (solo)

Today I decided to get my lazy ass off the couch after watching the stage of the Tour de France and set myself the goal to ride at least 70 miles at tempo. I thought about riding in the direction of Alki beach in West Seattle via Bellevue and Mercer Island with the loop. http://www.bikemap.net/route/241269
I left the house with a blood glucose at 99 and kept the levels pretty good all along. Once I got the West Seattle, I decided to take a "left" where the road was going up rather than down where the road was going to Alki. I ended up at the Fauntleroy ferry terminal and got on the boat that was sitting their. Made it to Vashon island and took the scenic more hilly loop to the south of the island in order to take the ferry off to Point defiance in Tacoma where I met up with Gina and had a late lunch. Gina then recommended to drive me home, as a precaution since after cooling off for a while, my blood glucose levels tend to trend down FAST!
over all it was a very nice ride, not pushing too much, still got 3560 ft of elevation gain but only 54 miles.
Average blood glucose for the day with 14 readings: 108 with a high at 174 at the end of the day and a low at 55 right after the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment