Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I got the "Juice"!

Well here we go, I am officially a guinea pig. On Tuesday August 18th, Benaroya Research Institute finally injected me with “The Juice” in my left shoulder muscle. I got yet another full medical exam, tones of questions. Had to go fasting because they draw quit a lot of blood this time and gave them a sample of my urine.
For the next 12 weeks, on every Tuesday, I will get another shot of the juice and they will keep testing me for the entire study. I will get another A1c out of this visit.
I also had an Endo appointment with Doctor DeSantis prior to the research meeting. He is such an awesome person, he listens to me and takes time. Understands my needs with cycling and exercise and support new things to try each time. He said I make him learn more about it than I learn from him. I like that coming from an educated person. I think I am doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment