Thursday, February 25, 2010

Benaroya Research Institute (BRI) 6 month oil change...

Tuesday, February 23rd was my 6 months research appointment to check and test a few things.

Order of the day was fasting, 24 hour urine collection (1 day prior to visit).

Test performed were a mixed tolerance test (where they serve me the delicious...shake) and collect blood samples every 15 minutes or so for about 2 hours.
Drew an A1c
Performed an EKG as well as an eye exam.
Ran the usual vital signs.
All is good, except I just got my A1c result and it is at 5.9%. I am very disapointed with this result as I have been working very hard to maintain my glucose levels since the last visit at a 5.7% A1c.

So I have just made the decision to not change any of my exercise routine, as I believe that I do plenty for now, but change my breakfast routine, and cut my lovely breads, add more protein in the form of eggs and some whole wheat muffin with it.
As I think that my high carb morning intake is what shakes my A1c results with those spikes.

Anyways, a little "depressed" right now about it, will aim for better in 2-3 months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment