Monday, March 8, 2010

Chilly Hilly 2010

Started at 6am from my house in Redmond, rode to the Woodinville bike shop to pick up Mike, Lauren. Marcus and Chris joined us for the ride to the Seattle ferry.
My glucose was in the 130 when I left the house, not as high as I would have wanted for a 90 miles ride with cat 5-4 and 3 racers....
Made it to the ferry and tested on the low side at 90, tried to eat and drink as much as I could during the ferry ride.
Started the ride on Brainbridge island in good form, but after the half point, found my legs to have no power and my stomach to feel bloated and painful. I didn't think to check my glucose too much as I didn't feel low, and certainly didn't feel hungry at all.
Finished the ride back at the ferry dock about 20 minutes behind Mike.
Was able to feed again while on the ferry, felt great pulling Marcus all the way back to Woodinville but felt a big low getting close to my house. I walked up to my kitchen at 45.

Moral of the day? even when not hungry and feeling like shit, TEST. If TEST = "LOW" THEN FEED. It is simple, but trust me, easier said than done...

Will do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment