Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ravensdale Race - Better :-)







A much better glucose start for this 30 miles race with some rolling hills.
Start was at 9:30am and my loyal supporting group Gina and Julien were of the party.

I started this race with a glucose level at 180. Much better than the previous day at 123.

Pretty much was in the front the entire time pulling with Mike and a few other guys. We even started and tried a little breakaway but knew we wouldn't last too long alone like that.

It was a little frustrating for me as I didn't know at all the profile, way of this course. So I never really knew when to save myself for a later sprint or not.

To my not so happy surprise at the last mile I understood that the finish was going to include a short up hill battle. I managed to stay in the front and at the 400-300 meter from the finish was positioned with all the leaders in the front as well as Mike.

I didn't know for sure when to try and jump for a sprint finish and found myself a little isolated behind a rider that wasn't going to try a sprint. After going arround him I already had lost about 12 rides in front and was now trying for a top 10 finish. I managed to pass 1 guy and finished 11th as I watched Mike finish in 3rd position.

Great job Mike. And to Lauren who won her CAT5-4 women division!

Good day for the Woodinville Bike Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment