Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Exercise Works! Proof

Monday, before I finished working, I checked and was at 158 (which is high in my book). I decided to go on a low/medium intensity bike ride after work and therefore not treat with insulin.
I left on my bike at around 5:30pm, never took any correction and rode about 25 miles to Mercer island via Bellevue with some hills, one where I got my heart rate up at 180.
I did bring a powerbar as emergency fuel in case but never took it. Got to about mile 22 on my way back (down 520) and started to feel the low hit me. I checked my CGM which was still showing me at 100. I got home for dinner and checked at 58. Too low, and ate.

Conclusion, exercise works. No insulin/correction/bolus, just basal and medium exercise will help you keep a normal blood glucose.

So go out there, bring fuel with you, don't let the low happen, you know it's not safe, you know it's not good, fuel up and keep the levels in control. If I can do it, you can do it too.

Happy workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment