Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Juice visit #6

Fasting visit again today, 8am (got in late at 8:30am). Gina joined me, was nice. Took a little longer than usual. Ended up taking the entire day off.
They also performed the mixed meal test where they draw a base line blood work, make me take this special shake where they know exactly how much carbs and everything is in it, then take multiple blood draw at regular intervals which they then analyze to see what my blood glucose does. I then got some food and they injected me with the juice.

Deb, the diabetes educationist, also talked to me for a while about making sure I manage a little better my lows. So we changed some of my pump settings with my basal to keep it at 0.45u/hour between 1am and 12pm and back at 0.6u/hour from 12pm until 1am. Will see if that helps with some of the lows I get at around noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment